Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Douches at their douchiest

First let me address this: Yes, I get all my information from Best Week Ever and no, my insight doesn't add much to the discussion. (Sorry, I've been making fun of too many people's blogs - or just one person's on an extreme level - not to point that out)

I love this: People Who Sit in the Disability Seats When I'm Standing on my Crutches



I am hyper-sensitive (or at least hyper-pensive, if that makes sense) about giving up my seat for old folks, the preggers and the gimps. I also spend time wondering if other people think I'm a jerk for not giving my seat up for someone who they think deserves one.

When I commuted on the LIRR, I spent a great deal of time wondering to what extent someone would have to be disabled for me to give up my seat, thus spending the next hour standing. My friend and I agreed; they would have to be 85+ (and visibly so) with at LEAST one cane. No canes, no seat. The LIRR turns people into monsters.

2 comments:

The Fellowship of the Ringing said...

I've put my fair share of energy into wondering if I'm being a bad person for sitting while someone older than me or more female than me is standing. But as long as they're able bodied, I'm staying down.
Did you consider whacking him with your crutches?

Dazzy said...

Sadly, it's not my blog! I was on crutches in 8th grade. I kept my air cast and brought it to Great Adventure - twice! We rented a wheel chair and got to cut the lines all day. It was awesome.