Saturday, September 17, 2005

Overheard in the Gowrie house..

Inspired by Overheard in NY...

"Daddy, can we turn on the AC?"
"It could be worse, you could be in Baghdad."
"Oh okay, I didn't know that was the only other option."

OR

"It's so friggin' hot in here."
"It's a 115 degrees in Iraq."
"Umm despite the hens, I thought we were on Long Island?"

Two happenings whilst on the phone with the lucky Jasmine:

Me- "Dad, Where's the nail clipper?"
FXG - "In the gun drawer."
Jasmine- "You have a gun drawer?!?!? A drawer specifically for guns!??!!"
"A gun drawer - I don't even own Ahh GUN." (She didn't really say that but that incident and Wayne's World are inextricably linked.)

I don't know HOW we got on this topic but..
"I had crotch rot all in the time in 'Nam. Would your friend Jasmine like to hear about my crotch rot?" - FXG

No comments: