Sunday, March 06, 2005

Worship No False Idols Before Me

As looking at a non-work related website for more than 30 seconds is a mortal sin, I am in no form to provide cutting commentary on the state of our Union. When I come home my brain is only capable of comprehending the pros and cons, the trials and tribulations, the heartaches and triumphs, of the 21st century's highest art form: television
American Idol
My current favorites are Mario Vasquez, Travis Tucker, Kerri Underwood and Vonzell Solomon.
(What is sad that I just double checked the website only to find out that I was completely right on all their full names).
Mario: He has the maturity of 27 year old but looks like he's 19 (all I've even wanted in a man!) He looks like a combination of Justin Timberlake and Justin Guarini (without the weird pseudo-nose job look). He's cute, he can dance, he works the crowd and he really rocks out to my man Stevie.
He will be one of the top ones for sure.
Travis: Even as a Lionel Ritchie fan I was impressed. It's hard to do a faux Jamaican accent while dancing like Usher. Travis may not "one of the best voices in the competition" but he can dance, he's a performer and he probably makes Ryan Seacrest a little hot under the collar.
Kerri: A.K.A Kelly Clarkson part deux. She's good, she's cute, she's authentic, she weighs more than 100 lbs. Me likey. I liked her Janis Joplin, I don't care what the judges say.
Vonzell: Sucked with her Alicia Keys from last week but she demonstrate an American ideal: a civil servant who will sing in her tiny truck, rain, sleet or snow!

My mom and young pre-pubescent girls everywhere love Anthony Fedorov. He's a young immigrant who had a tracheotomy as a baby (which actually is amazing) and he sings Foreigner like nobody's business. He's top 5 (or whatever it comes down to) material.

I also think Bo Bice is really good, despite his pit-stains and turd inspired ensemble from last week. He won't be the AI, but he'll get a record deal out of it. Constantine slightly resembles the Grinch.

Where are the Jews? I'm still waiting for Ari Finkleman or Esther Goldstein to have their names in lights! There is a chance Mikalah Gordon may be one of the tribe, but she gives us a bad name (or an accurate name.. depends how you look at it). Either way she is irritating, much like Ryan Seacrest, Billy Bush and Irene from the Real World (the one with lyme disease who was slapped in THE BEST REAL WORLD EPISODE EVER).

To be continued..
Gowrie.. Out! (wakka wakka wakka)

3/9/05
Travis Tucker... gone! I am outraged. I was almost positive that Constantine and
Reuben's -white -counterpart would be gone. And asking why Mikalah Gordon stayed is like asking why Ryan Seacrest still has a job. Both answers just leave you angry and annoyed (but not enough to change the channel). I have a feeling April Avila may be the first American Idol reject to be in Maxim, let's just hope William Hung doesn't join her.

No comments: