Monday, December 05, 2005

See What I Wanna See

My summary of my night out with Stacey won't be as good as hers, for I've lost my flowery flair and I don't have the time to attempt to regain it :(

My co-worker had recommended a show at the Public Theatre entitled "See What I Wanna See" starring Idina Menzel, who I love (She is of RENT and Wicked fame and she's married to that fine ass Taye Diggs). On our way to pick up the tickets we passed by the first "red carpet" I've ever seen, which is a hard photo opportunity to pass up - there wasn't really anyone around, the festivities seemed far off, and another girl was standing there talking on her cell phone. Regardless, the world needed to see the latest in commuter fashions (see pic). As we're discussing whether or not we should actually be on the carpet, the young lass chimed in, "ACTUALLY, you're REALLY not supposed to be here, it's fine but just make it really quick." Wow, it's really glamorous to have the awesome responsibility of watching a carpet. Bitch, you aren't a day over 24, now go fetch me a cup of coffee; I take it black with a little sugar, just how I like my men.
Anyway...The tickets were $25 dollars with our student ids (And since I look like I'm 16, I plan on holding on to it for a long long time) for a "partially obscured" view. Eh, beggars can't be choosers. Subsequently, we had a cheap and delicious dinner (a new love for Sukiyaki) and free starbucks - what could be better? Stacey and I were standing outside the theatre looking at an awning-poster for RENT and discussing the merits of the movie adaptation when I exclaimed, "Rosario Dawson obviously had the weakest voice in the cast." Now in 10th grade my crush Adam Brenner didn't say hi to me in the hallways and for 5 minutes I bitched to my best friend Erica and her ex-boyfriend only to turn around to find Adam right there behind us. "Uhh I just didn't see you" was his response. Now occurrences like that I have come to expect, but never did I think that less than two minutes later Ms. Dawson herself would walk by. She had come to see the show as well, and although I had ample opportunity I couldn't bring myself to say anything to her. I wanted to say something to her (I’m still B&T and am impressed by celebrities) but I couldn't think of anything good/funny to say unlike my Ari experience- I really need to write about my Jeremy Piven run-in-. Not learning my lesson, Stacey and I continued to discuss RoRo’s relationship with Jason Lewis only to find her waiting on the line for the bathroom moments later.
Stacey and I took our seats to discover that “partially obstructed” just meant a pole. The play was enjoyable, not amazing, but live theatre always makes for a unique experience. Idina Menzel is so talented. Aaron Lohr was in RENT, most recently, but more importantly, Newsies and Mighty Ducks 2 & 3. He is talented but his real prowess lies in projectile spitting and sweating profusely (one such drop landed right in Idina’s cleavage – She is certainly a trooper); this made the first act almost un-watchable. The two other actors looked strangely familiar, I looked at the playbill discovering that they both made appearances on Law & Order (I can’t tell you the season and the episode number though perhaps I have to up my number from 5 views per episode to 6).

This posting is unfinished.. but I figured I'd post it anyway because my quest for Military Satellite experts is interferring with my blogging. :) More to come

No comments: